User comment policy for WilsonTimes.com, Times Facebook page
Posted on December 14, 2020
The Wilson Times encourages reader feedback and provides a Facebook commenting tool that allows users who are logged into their Facebook accounts to post comments on WilsonTimes.com articles. Visit www.facebook.com to log in or to sign up for a free account.
Users who post comments to WilsonTimes.com grant The Wilson Times Co. permission to use their comments, in whole or in part, for print and online publication, including but not limited to the Talk Back feature appearing on the thrice-weekly Commentary page. Comments will be edited and may be truncated due to space limitations.
Facebook requires users to register accounts with their real names. However, the Times does not authenticate the identities of Facebook users who comment on WilsonTimes.com.
If a user suspects someone has registered an account under a false name or is impersonating another individual, those complaints should be reported to Facebook, which may take corrective action at its sole discretion. The Times will not be a party to any complaint regarding enforcement of Facebook's policies.
The following forms of content are prohibited in comments posted to WilsonTimes.com and the Wilson Times Co. Facebook page:
- Profanity, obscenity and vulgarity
- Sexually explicit or inappropriate material
- Libel, slander and defamation of character
- Repeated and pervasive disparaging personal statements
- Threats of violence, both implicit and explicit
- Incitement to commit acts of violence or self-harm
- "Doxxing," or posting private individuals' personal identifying information
- Claiming to unmask or reveal the identity of a pseudonymous user
- Plagiarism, copyright and intellectual property violations
- Consumer complaints that reference specific individuals and businesses
- Posting hyperlinks to vulgar, indecent or otherwise inappropriate content
- Posting screen captures that display content published on WilsonTimes.com
The Wilson Times Co. reserves the right to alter or modify the list of prohibited content at any time.
Moderation is complaint-driven. Users who believe a comment violates the Times' policy can notify website moderators by emailing email@example.com and including the text of the challenged comment and a hyperlink to the story where it appears.
Comments that violate the policy will be removed. Users who commit repeated violations are subject to having their accounts permanently banned from commenting.
Joyce Faye NarronSeptember 18, 2021
MIDDLESEX — Joyce Faye Narron, age 82, died Friday, September 17, 2021. Service arrangements are ent...
Cooler temps to follow first day of fall
The astronomical start of fall occurs Wednesday. By Thursday, it will feel like it in the Wilson Tim...
Residents want transparent redistricting process
Thank you to all those who joined in for the public hearings on redistricting this week. This is jus...
Felony charges filed in driver's death
COVID spike modifies Wilson council meeting
Wilson tourism leader retiring at year’s end
Race issues plague Lucama
Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Shannon Carroll and Glenda Barnes Carroll of the Black Creek community announce...
Mr. and Mrs. David Matthews Clark of Wilson announce the engagement of their daughter, Anna Narron C...