Rolesville hires human resources, planning directors | The Enterprise
The Enterprise
Login
SearchHelpSubscriptions

Rolesville hires human resources, planning directors

Posted on August 2, 2021

Local news

arevels@wakeweekly.com

Gruber

Gruber

Alston

Alston

Gruber

Gruber

Alston

Alston

ROLESVILLE — The town of Rolesville is continuing to grow. To handle that growth, it has hired its first human resources director and a new planning director.

HR Director Lisa Alston was introduced to the Board of Commissioners during its July 6 meeting. She was chosen from a nationwide search, according to Rolesville Town Manager Kelly Arnold.

Alston has more than 15 years of experience in human resources. She has worked in Franklin, Warren and Person counties.

Planning Director Meredith Gruber was introduced to the board at its July 20 meeting. Gruber replaces Danny Johnson, who retired in March.

Gruber said she was attracted to Rolesville because of its unique personality, small-town charm and outstanding potential for strategic growth. She graduated from N.C. State University with a master’s degree in landscape architecture and has spent 25% of her career in the private sector with the other 75% in the public sector.

Gruber worked for the town of Cary for 15 years, where she managed the activities center concept plan and greenfield development for the Alston area. She also worked on Cary’s comprehensive plan, downtown revitalization and town-wide design standards.

TOWN-OWNED LAND FOR SALE

The Rolesville Board of Commissioners recently agreed to offer 6.48 acres of land behind Town Hall for sale.

The parcel was originally part of an agreement with Capital Companies Group. However, that deal fell through, according to Mical McFarland, community and economic development manager.

The town will list the property for sale online, including site appraisals and all relevant information. When it receives a bid, staff will bring that bid before the board to have it declared a valid bid. If it’s considered valid, the town will advertise the bid for 10 days.

Any upset bid would have to be 10% higher than the first bid. Then, the new bid would be advertised for 10 days. New upset bids would have to be 5% higher than the previous upset bid.

After 10 days without a new bid, the board will decide to accept the highest bid or decide not to sell the land. The process could take as few as 10 days if the town receives only one bid.

More Local news

A Sunday water leak in front of the post office in downtown Spring Hope lead to an outage and boil water notice Sunday night and Monday morning.

Boil water alert active in Spring Hope

From staff reports
| September 27, 2021

SPRING HOPE -- Water has been restored and a boil water notice is in effect Monday morning, accordin...

Community Calendar listings are published as a public service of The Enterprise. The submission deadline is 5 p.m. Sunday for each Wednesday’s edition. Email listings to cfriedman@wilsontimes.com with “Community Calendar” in the subject line. 

COMMUNITY CALENDAR

Rolesville to observe National Night Out on Thursday

From staff reports
| September 27, 2021

ROLESVILLE — The Rolesville Police Department will hold its National Night Out observance from 5-8 p...

Nash County Economic Development Director Andy Hagy stands in front of the former CIFI plant in Nashville where the Crump Group is expected to begin operations in 2022.

Nash County seeks economic boost from Canadian pet treat maker

By Arturo Pineda
| September 27, 2021

A Canadian manufacturer of pet treats plans to renovate a vacant plant in Nash County and begin oper...


Local News

Powered by Nash & Pine