Raleigh man charged with child sex offenses, gets almost $2M bond | The Enterprise
The Enterprise
Login
SearchHelpSubscriptions

Raleigh man charged with child sex offenses, gets almost $2M bond

Posted on September 28, 2021

Updated on September 29, 2021

Local newsCrimeTop news
Miguel Antonio Cazares

Miguel Antonio Cazares

RALEIGH — A man from the Wake Crossroads area was arrested and charged with performing sexual acts against two underage sisters, according to the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.

Miguel Antonio Cazares, of Creekside Drive, Raleigh, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Tuesday.

The Internet Crimes Against Children Unit received a cyber tip in March concerning a social media account, according to a sheriff's office press release. The account contained pictures thought to show child sex abuse, investigators said. Deputies linked the account back to the address of the suspect, the release said.

As the investigation continued, a medical provider reached out to the sheriff's office to say that Cazares, 21, had admitted to sexually abusing a child he knows, the release said.

Then in June, deputies said a girl stepped forward to accuse Cazares of having performed sex acts on her and her sister, also underage. The acts allegedly happened last year, investigators said.

Deputies said Cazares admitted to the illegal acts while being interviewed.

He was taken into custody and charged with three counts of first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, three counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, four counts of disseminating harmful material to minors and statutory sex offense with a child by an adult.

He was placed in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1.975 million secured bond. 

More Local news

Burgess

Rocky Mount Prep teacher accused of sex with student

From staff reports
| October 21, 2021

ROCKY MOUNT — A now former faculty member at a public charter school had sex with a young student, a...

Hewlin

Scrapper accused of buying stolen metals in car parts

From staff reports
| October 21, 2021

ROCKY MOUNT — Authorities have accused a local scrapyard operator of illegally purchasing stolen cat...

Bailey Commissioner Allen Daniels says it's time to break the town's maintenance contract with Envirolink while showing a piece of rusty pipe during the board's meeting Monday.

Bailey board ready to dump Envirolink

By Lindell J. Kay
| October 20, 2021

BAILEY — Envirolink's contract with the town for water and sewer maintenance is circling the drain. ...


Local News

Powered by Nash & Pine | v4.1.4