Bailey man wins $100,000 scratch-off prize | The Enterprise
The Enterprise
Login
SearchHelpSubscriptions

Bailey man wins $100,000 scratch-off prize

Posted on April 5, 2021

Local news

On a whim, John Bunn of Bailey decided to try his luck on an Extreme Cash ticket and walked away the winner of a $100,000 prize.

“I was on my way home and I decided to turn and swing by that store,” he said. “I just happened to pick that one at the right time.”

Bunn purchased his winning $25 ticket from On The Run on Bloomery Road outside Bailey, which sits just over the Nash-Wilson county line.

When he scratched his ticket and saw his prize, Bunn said he “didn’t believe it.”

“I just thought I was reading the wrong numbers,” he recalled. “I definitely didn’t think I won. It’s kind of unreal. It’s just one of those things that’s meant to be.”

Bunn claimed his prize Monday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh. After required federal and state tax withholdings, he took home $70,757.

With his prize money, Bunn plans to pay off his home.

Ticket sales from scratch-offs like Extreme Cash make it possible for the lottery to raise more than $725 million a year for education. For details on how $4.8 million raised by the lottery made a difference in Nash County last year, visit www.nclottery.com and click on the “Impact” section.

More Local news

This still image from a home security camera video released by the Knightdale Police Department shows a person matching the description of a teenage boy accused of groping women on the  Mingo Creek Greenway trail.

Police seek teen who groped women on greenway

The Wake Weekly
| June 15, 2021

KNIGHTDALE — Police are looking for a teenager accused of inappropriately touching women on the Ming...

Ken Ripley

COMMENTARY

Best Father's Day gifts come from the heart

By Ken Ripley
| June 14, 2021

Next Sunday is Father’s Day, the companion holiday to the much more celebrated Mother’s Day in May. ...

The town of Spring Hope changed the settings on its Facebook page to no longer accept comments from the general public. Legal experts say that’s a safer route than blocking users or deleting individual comments, which may violate residents’ First Amendment rights.

Law professor: Town allowed to disable Facebook comments

By Lindell J. Kay
| June 14, 2021

SPRING HOPE -— Town officials who recently shut down social media comments may have riled up residen...


Local News

Trending recipes

Powered by Nash & Pine