SMITHFIELD — Four Johnston County schools have new principals, one for the short term.
T.J. Parrish is the new principal of Four Oaks Elementary School. The Johnston County Board of Education OK’d his appointment on June 14.
Parrish had been principal of Micro Elementary School since July 1, 2017. At Four Oaks, he succeeds Kathy Parrish, who retired.
In a related move, the board named Stephanie Leonard the interim principal of Micro Elementary. She had been principal of McGee’s Crossroads Elementary School since 2018.
Lyndsey Dunn is now the principal at McGee’s. The board OK’d that appointment on Tuesday as well. Dunn was most recently an assistant principal at Riverwood Elementary School.
One other Johnston school has a new principal after Tuesday’s school board meeting. That Wilson’s Mills Elementary, where Dondi Hobbs has taken the reins from Andrea Jones, who is transferring to a 10-month position in the school system.
Hobbs comes to Wilson’s Mills from Sampson County, where she was principal of Union Intermediate School near Clinton.
Separately last week, the board OK’d the following hires for the school system’s central office:
• Tol Avery — safety and COVID-19 response manager. He receives a one-year contract.
• Janelle Bishop — director of professional learning, two-year contract.
• Laura Makey — Title I administrator, two-year contract.
• Jennifer McClure — interim executive director of exceptional children.
• Kristy Stephenson — accountability and program officer, two year-contract.
Also, the board awarded two-year contract renewals to the following central office administrators:
• Amanda Allen — executive director of student services.
• Faitha Batten — executive director of federal programs.
• Elizabeth Dahlman — executive director of secondary education.
• Kevin Daughtry — director of special programs.
• Charles Ferrell — auxiliary services.
• Sonya Grice — benefits director.
• Kathy Hamilton — director of testing.
• Kathleen McLamb — executive director of support services.
• Tracey Peedin Jones — employment systems administrator.
• Mogie Reddy — director of classified personnel.
• Carla Withrow — executive director of certified personnel.
Finally on Tuesday, the board awarded a three-year contract extension to Patty Whittington, an assistant superintendent.