Restoration NewsMedia

Weathercast: A welcome break from heat and humidity

Albert Thomas Jr.

As far as the weather is concerned, there should be few complaints.

High pressure to the north of our area is forecast to provide relief from the humidity this weekend, and for the first time in a long time, several days of below-average temperatures.

Overnight Friday and Saturday temperatures, around 60 and in the upper 50s respectively, may even call for long sleeves.

Daytime highs Saturday through Tuesday are likely to only mange the mid-80s, but with low humidity through Sunday. Depending on the exact location of a stalled front, there is a possibility that high temperatures Tuesday could hold in the low 80s.

Rain chances are slight this weekend. They then move to 20% overnight Sunday and to 60% midday Monday into Tuesday as a cold front slowly moves through here. Chances drop to less than 20% midday Tuesday as long as the front pushes into South Carolina as expected.

For details, please click on the Weathercast’s audio link.

Click the play button to listen to the Weathercast for the weekend of Aug. 13.


Albert Thomas Jr., a Wilson attorney and retired judge, will weigh in on the region’s weather conditions each Tuesday and Saturday. Thomas is a forecast aficionado who recalls Wilson community weatherman Joe Overman’s broadcasts on WVOT radio.

Visit this website each Tuesday for a look at workweek weather highlights and get your weekend forecast each Saturday morning.