The following is a list of incidents and arrests from June 17-22 by Butner Public Safety officers. All information is from public law enforcement records.
• PSO D. T. George arrested Kedric Jamon Hester, 33, of Stem, and charged him with carrying a concealed weapon, indecent exposure, resist, delay, and obstruct and damage to government property. Hester was issued a secured bond of $5,000 by Magistrate H. G. Herring Jr. and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• PSO D. T. George arrested Joshua Crockett Winston, 32, of Durham, for an outstanding warrant for larceny. Winston was issued an unsecured bond of $1,000 by Magistrate H. G. Herring Jr. and was released.
• An assault was reported on Highway 56. The victim was assaulted by her boyfriend.
• A hit and run was reported on East D Street. The perpetrator’s vehicle struck the victim’s vehicle, then left the scene.
• Property damage was reported on West C Street. The perpetrator damaged the victim’s vehicle.
• An assault and property damage were reported on East B Street. The victim was assaulted by her boyfriend. The boyfriend then damaged the victim’s property.
• Shooting into an occupied dwelling was reported on Cedar Drive. The suspect fired several shots into a home. As a result of the incident, PSO A. R. Spitzer charged Philip Keith Spence, 57, of Durham, with firing into an occupied dwelling, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, injury to personal property, and injury to real property.
• An assault was reported on East C Street. The victim was assaulted by a friend.
Special events and notices
On the second Thursday of every month, Butner Public Safety will host its monthly Community Watch meetings at Butner Town Hall. Butner Public Safety urges the public to attend these meetings to learn vital information pertaining to the safety of their neighborhoods. During each of these meetings, information such as recent arrests, crimes and safety concerns are addressed to the public. Butner Public Safety also accepts any and all information or concerns from the public so that they can be resolved or addressed. For more information, contact Sgt. N. Williams at 919-575-6561 ext. 111. The next scheduled meeting will be determined at a later date. Butner Public Safety encourages everyone to keep their parked vehicles locked.